Interest-Based Classes for Adults (fees may apply)
Classes begin in 2022. Class topics below were chosen as a result of the community interest feedback survey. Check back for details!
- Cupcake Decorating
- Easter / Spring Designs
- Parent/Child Class (any age!)
- Tuesday, April 5, 2022 - 6-8pm @ Louisville High School
- Small fee to cover supplies
- Details and sign up coming soon!
- Introduction to American Sign Language (ASL)
- Six-week class, taught by Karen Warner
- Wednesdays from 7-8pm: January 12, 19, 26 - February 2, 9, 16
- Location: Louisville High School
- Cost $65 includes workbook
- Bring check payable to Louisville City Schools to January 12, 2022 class.
- Class limited to 20 participants
- Sign up at: tinyurl.com/LCAASLClass
- Gardening / Healthy Living
- Personal Finance / Investing
Parent / Child Workshops - FREE
* Activities below funded for 21-22 through a generous contribution from the GPD Employees’ Foundation Grant.
Class sizes may be limited. Sign-up underneath each class description.
- Reading Under the Lights @Leopard Stadium - Ages preschool through grade 5 and their families. Friday, October 22, 2021 - 6:00 - 7:30 pm (no sign up needed - click for details)
- Paint and Sip (Sparkling Grape Juice, of course!)
- Enter 1 slot for a parent/child pair. The art is designed to stretch over 2 canvases. Spots are limited to 30 pairs. Child must attend with an adult.
- Grades K-2 - Tuesday, November 9, 2021 - 6:00 pm @LES
- Grades 3-5 - Tuesday, November 16, 2021 - 6:00 pm @LES
- Blanket Night: Make and Donate
- Make a no-sew fleece blanket with a tied fringe edge. Blankets will be donated to agencies that help kids in crisis. Child must attend with an adult.
- Grades 6-8 - Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 6:00 pm @LMS
- Geocaching: Learn and Explore
- Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor adventure that is happening all the time, all around the world. To play, participants use the Geocaching app and/or a GPS device to navigate to cleverly hidden containers called geocaches. The evening will begin at LMS with an overview/instructions and end with prizes for the most items found! learn more
- Grades 3-5 - Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 5:30 - 8:00 pm @LMS
- Grades 6-8 - Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 5:30 - 8:00 pm @LMS
- Rhythm Instruments: Learn and Play
- Design a bucket drum/sticks and learn to play! A concert will be held on the final class date. Must be able to attend all three classes. Sign up for March 3 registers for all 3 classes. Child must attend with an adult.
- Grades K-5 - Thursdays, March 3, 10, 17, 2022 - 6:30 - 7:30 pm @LES
- Disc Golf: Learn and Play Coming April 2022
- Louisville is getting a disc golf course! Lessons will be available following the course development. Learn more here.
Parent Cafes - For parents of students in grades PreK- 5
Coffee and Special Guest Speakers - emphasis on supporting your student(s). Babysitting available.
- Parenting in a World of Technology Part 1 - Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 6:00 - 7:30 pm @LES
- Parenting in a World of Technology Part 2 - Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - 6:00 - 7:30 pm @LMS
Questions? Contact Karen at email@example.com.