@ Louisville High School
Main Office: 330-875-1438 ext 1726
Ms. Karen Warner-Andrews Coordinator
Courtney Stallman, Social Studies
Denise Mast & Beth Kasler, and Lisa Vaccaro, English
Scott Galayda, Math
James Martell, Science
Katy Todd & Brittany Kidd, Foreign Language
Mark Patt, Social Studies, Psychology/Sociology and Intervention Specialist
Pam Warner, Aide
CUSTOMIZED FLEXIBLE LEARNING FOR TODAY’S STUDENT
Louisville City Schools puts students in the driver’s seat of their education with online courses that offer students the flexibility they need to meet athletic, work, or family obligations. And with a wide selection of electives to choose from, students can explore areas of interest and courses that align with their goals for college or career.
The tuition-free Leopard Digital Academy provides many types of curriculums including general education, advanced and specialized courses, special education, and credit-recovery options. Students may also attend study sessions, receive tutoring, support, and participate in extracurricular activities.
Support services and onsite instruction support will be offered in a teacher-supervised Digital Lab Classroom at Louisville High School. Students who are able and willing to work from home are provided a Chromebook and supplemental materials at no cost.
Blended learning is a formal education program in which a student learns, at least in part, through online delivery of content and instruction with some element of student control over time, place, path, and pace and, at least in part, at a supervised brick-and-mortar location away from home.
- Monitoring and assistance (in person when necessary) provided by highly qualified Louisville High School teachers
- Access to a full-time intervention specialist (if needed/ required due to disabilities)
- Supervised, private computer lab setting on the Louisville High School campus
- Ability to complete online assignments at home
- Individual attention and tutoring on a regular basis including math tutoring daily
- Participate in all Louisville City Schools’ extracurricular activities, including athletics, clubs, band, choir, theater, etc.
- Graduate with a Louisville High School diploma
- Edgenuity, one of the leading online learning course providers, offers additional benefits that include:
- Engaging, standards-aligned curriculum with interactive, media-rich instruction
- Highly qualified virtual teachers who communicate regularly with students
- On-demand tutoring, so students get the help they need when they need it
REGISTRATION PROCESS/APPROVAL FORM
Students interested in joining the Blended Digital Academy first need to complete the approval form included in the Resources. The team will then decide if the student(s) is eligible. If eligible, the Digital Academy Coordinator will set up an orientation with the student and parents/guardians.