Inter-District open enrollment allows students from other Ohio schools to be educated in Louisville City Schools (Board Policy 5113).
Parents/guardians interested in open enrollment with the Louisville City School District may apply here starting April 1, 2023 at 9:00 AM (EDT) through April 30, 2023 at 9:00 PM (EDT). Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
(Renewal applications will be emailed to parents/guardians of current students each year during the open enrollment application window.)
Letters indicating approval or denial of open enrollment will be mailed to homes, after the current school year ends and class sizes for the next school year are determined (no later than June 30).
- Only a parent or guardian who has legal custody of the student may apply for open enrollment. (Proof of legal custody will need to be provided if applicable.)
- Applications are accepted on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Each application will be time and date stamped accordingly.
- Open-enrollment approval is valid for one-year only. Renewal applications will be emailed to parents/guardians of current students each year during the open enrollment application window.
- Due to changing enrollment, some grade levels and programs may be closed to open enrollment applicants, due to the need to maintain appropriate class sizes. Students currently enrolled in Louisville City Schools through inter-district open enrollment and their siblings have priority and will be given first consideration.
- If your child has an IEP, a current copy must be provided when applying for open enrollment.
- Due to space issues and class size limits, parents may not have their choice of school for grade levels K-2.
- Open enrollment for kindergarten students may not be determined until just before the start of school. If there is space available for their child, parents/guardians of kindergarten students will be notified by phone no later than the week before the first day of school. (Note: District policy requires that all kindergarten students must be five (5) years of age on or before August 1 to be eligible to start kindergarten.)
- Our preschool program does not accept open enrollment.
- If your child’s application is approved, you will receive notice with instructions to schedule an appointment to register and turn-in required documents at your designated school. The new student documents and information (listed on the New Student Registration page) is what is needed for open enrollment. Please DO NOT fill out any registration paperwork until your child has been approved.
- It is against state law for Louisville City Schools to transport students by school bus who reside outside of the boundaries of our District. Your child may ride our school buses if there is space available and the student may only ride from an approved bus stop location within the boundaries of Louisville City Schools.
- Contact Transportation Director Doug Haines at 330.456.2899 if you have questions regarding bus routes.
- If your child is interested in participating in sports at the middle or high school level, contact Athletic Director Terrie Horn at 330.875.5011 for more information about open enrollment and athletic participation. All student athletic participation is governed by rules established by the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA).
Intra-district open enrollment is a request for students to transfer to another school within their resident school district.
Intra-District open enrollment will not be available to NEW applicants as our elementary classrooms are at capacity.
If the capacity to accept new students changes, the information will be changed here.
You may request to be placed on a waiting list should there be any availability by calling the District Office at 330-875-1666.